Experience a full French language immersion, just as if you had come across a French seaside village. We offer the opportunity to immerse yourself in French food, wine, culture and language. Join us for a leisurely yet full weekend, kicking off with a French wine-tasting on Friday evening and ending with an outdoor activity like a friendly game of Petanque on Sunday morning.
Organizers of the events are French teacher, Julia Schulz and Innkeeper, Joanne O’Shea. O’Shea and her husband bought Craignair Inn in 2010 and since have expanded its scope to incorporate diverse community groups and efforts. Joanne earned degrees in International Business and French from the University of Colorado and keeps up her language skills at Penobscot Language School in Rockland. Schulz is co-founder and past president of Penobscot Language School, and has taught French for over 25 years, including immersions in Maine, Montreal and the French Antilles. With her filmmaker husband, Schulz now works on heritage language preservation projects nationally and world-wide through Speakingplace.org.
Participants can expect to experience typical French meals, games and activities, to meet and converse with French-speakers, and to wander the seaside with other like-minded participants. Presenters have included teachers and members from Penobscot Language School, artist Bjorn Runquist, and Paul Chartrand of Chartrand Imports.
Le Planning Général STAGE D'IMMERSION FRANÇAISE
- 15h. - 17h. Arrivée des stagiaires à l'auberge
- 17h00 Accueil
- 17h30 Dégustation de vins: la Vallée de la Loire (Chartrand Imports)
- 18h30 Pause
- 19h00 Dîner: cuisine de la Loire
- 21h00 Présentation des stagiaires
- 8h00 Petit déjeuner et présentation de l'Auberge Craignair
- 9h00 Atelier no. 1: Langue (Julia)
- 10h30 Atelier no. 2: Art et Vie (Björn RUNQUIST, peintre)
- 12h30 Déjeuner (avec Björn)
- 13h15 Sieste
- 14h30 Atelier no. 3 (dehors, si possible)
- 16h30 Pause: boissons fraîches, thé à la menthe, café
- 17h15 Atelier no. 4: Dégustation de fromages artisanaux
- 19h00 Dîner: cuisine du Maroc
- 20h30 Soirée Marocaine et spectacle de danse de Shalimar
- 8h00 Préparation des bagages
- 8h30 Petit déjeuner (avec Denis HEALY)
- 9h15 Atelier no. 5: Pétanque (Denis)
- 10h45 Evaluation
- 11h00 Départ
Click on the worksheets we've used during the Immersions:
Some words from our past participants...
"Je porterai une grande sourire chaque fois que je pense au weekend!"
"The teaching was excellent. Julia is personable, creative, and sensitive to the needs of her students. "
"Teaching was excellent and presented in an uplifting atmosphere. The pace was perfect as it allowed ample down time, which if not considered overburdens students. The variety of exercises was excellent."
"Très organisée" "We received so much for the price!""L'Auberge was the perfect location."
"Everyone was most kind and welcoming."
"Excellent, interesting selection of teachers and themes."
"I didn't expect to have so much fun!"
"Couldn't be in a much nicer place! Accommodations and food and hospitality, all excellent."
"Merci beaucoup pour une expérience de très haute qualité et plein de plaisir et éducation!"
"I enjoyed the weekend and it worked very well for me. I ran across someone on the street next day and it took 2 or 3 seconds to get my mind in English mode. I would recommend this program to anyone."
"Absolutely worth the price!"